Nutrisport Glutamine Powder
The most utilised amino acid during exercise, at times of stress and during illness. Supplementing the diet with additional glutamine will help to preserve muscle tissue and improve recovery.
About Glutamine Powder
Exercise can lead to a decrease in plasma glutamine levels. Studies have shown that power athletes can have particularly low plasma glutamine. It also affects endurance athletes –after running a marathon, glutamine levels are low for 6-9 hours. Low plasma glutamine is an indicator of overtraining. Glutamine has been linked with the following:
- Improved gut barrier function and reduced risk of endotoxaemia.
- Nutritional support for immune system and prevention of infection.
- Stimulation of muscle glycogen resynthesis.
- Stimulation of muscle protein synthesis and muscle tissue growth.
- Reduction in muscle soreness and improved muscle tissue repair.
Glutamine deficiency has been observed after surgery, burns and other stresses as well as exercise. For this reason it is called aconditionally essential amino acid.
Take 1 rounded teaspoon (4500mg) daily between meals or immediately after training. Dissolve in warm drink or water.
Pure L-glutamine powder. (Certificate of purity and full technical bulletin available). Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.